November 08, 2008

nostalgia (my lost)

deep inside the corner of my mind
i'm attached to you
i've waited all my life
to cross this line,
to the only thing that's true

when i listen, i am
nostalgic

i remember far away, so long ago
in beautiful british columbia, the small room of 1816
i am lying on my parents' gigantic king-size bed,
made for maybe 20 people to sleep on, snuggle
to love and to make babies, to fight over, to cry in
made for my family, made for me.

i am lying on it, and it is the almost-end of summer
it is the morning, and the sun is shining on the
golden-dappled walls of my white hiding-place
and i am lying there and the blinds are all the way down
but they are peeking open, so the golden liquid
that is the sun's rays are caressing my equally golden face
and i am melting into this warmth, this lazy-smile, this awake-sleep

i don't ever want to leave, because this is when guitar-serenades
are made, this is when slow dancing couples in tall grasses
are uncaring in the whisper of violins and sopranos
this is when the height of my youth reaches the mist in the morning
this is when i am a child
this is when i feel like i am being touched by something great,
this is when i am small but it's okay because everything else is

big and beautiful.
i feel like crying, i want this back
but having the memory is enough
having a song on my lips and hands on my back
having a past in this beautiful place,
having a future in the big big world,
knowing i was a child,
and knowing i will still be one.

i think it is enough, this nostalgic picture
to fill me for tonight. i will think of you.

2 comments:

rach said...

nostalgia ?

is that a word, i must search it up with mr. longman my dictionary.

its cold today,and i liked that post.

ps. fiene

Claire Lawrence said...

It is a word!
And Victoria misses you. Or at least, I do.
p.s. go read my other post.