May 22, 2009

Good Thursdays and Bruised Elbows

I bruised both my elbows when we went to wonderland on Thursday!
Wow, what a good day - good days make me tired.

Wonderland, we went on 14 rides... Behemoth twice in a row, five minute line ups; got wet while unbuckling our seat belts and trying to hide from the water in white water canyon; convincing the guys to go on the merry-go-round and naming my horse Starfire-Rose-Ruby-Red-Heart; trying to make conversation with a girl beside me on Drop Zone, but learning that she doesn't speak English (but she's white!); screaming on Thunder-Run; singing Oh Canada up the wooden rides; making friends with friends.

Coffeehouse, amazing. Honestly, God took all our pieces and fit them, tying them together in ways I never would have imagined for this coffeehouse. My monologue was about a party girl, a drinking girl, a girl who could not find herself under everything - and Evangel follows it up with a sharing about wanting to be a 'cool kid' as a child, giving up everything to be cool, like the girl in the monologue... but coming up empty, wanting more. The second worship set ended with 'By Your Side' (Tenth Avenue North) and then Zoe sharing about trusting God, about him being with her always. Then Graham spoke... and just. Oh! Everything was good. And I think everything was neccessary for someone... I thought the message was a bit too philosophical for some in a sense, but I know it was useful for a friend of mine ("IT MAKES SO MUCH SENSE! FREEDOM MAKES SENSE!") and Zoe's sharing touched a friend and... Oh!

Then, back home, I studied for Biology, and honestly it was the best I've ever studied. Ever. I finally learned how to study! Growing is so surprising. Another surprise: I was reading 'Mere Christianity' by C. S. Lewis, and he was talking about how it is strange how we are always so surprised at the passing of time: 'My, just yesterday he was ten years old...' 'Time just flew by!' 'It felt like an eternity'. It is like a fish, every so often, going 'Hey look: it's wet!' He was talking about how we were made for more than time, that we are creatures that were designed for the ever of for.

I can't believe I have friends! No, but I mean... look at them. They like me!

1 comment: