May 07, 2009

Miracles At TC

It is so, so late, at least for me, and I am supposed to be studying biology for tomorrow's quiz, but I can't because I just feel so excited to write the poem for 4:24! I really didn't know what on thoughts and pencils and outsides to write about, but I asked God to give me something to share with other people and then boom a scene hit me. It was from TC jr, the last night. It was during altar call that Candace and I decided to step outside for some fresh air. I never blogged about this, but we had such a good conversation, one of those that makes you go, Yes, I understand. Oh, okay I was going to blog about how I am talking to Simon about his 4:24 poem and how amazing it is (All Of My Reason To Dream) but now I want to blog about something that happened during TC that amazed the doubts out of me.

The night before TC, during the Concert of Prayer, my brilliant and God-given TC coaches lead our team into a reflection in our own room, where it was quiet and still. First, we were just asked to reflect upon our past six months with each other, and to pray. I don't remember the exact details, but I remember that people started crying, humble apologies came out, honesty peeked out a little. And in the midst of it, I felt God's presence with me very strongly. And I had no doubt that it was God, and I felt that everything I was praying was perfect, pleasing and would be answered.
We were to wash one another's hands; when you were ready you would go up and have your hands washed, and after you would take the place of the person before you and await someone elses dirty fingers. During my prayer, I knew that I had to wash Candace's hands for some reason. I wanted to comfort her so badly, to be the one who would say the right words for her, but somehow I knew it wouldn't be me. I asked God to let me wash her hands, and so I went up and immediately afterwards Candace came up.
Afterwards, we were presented with our media sweaters. Before we could put them on, our counsellors gave us words that God had impressed into their hearts. Michelle just sent me the list: vessel, willing, adopted, beautiful, and on. It was so amazing, because somehow I knew who would get what words, I thought of the words before the counsellors said it.

It wasn't a gigantic miracle or anything, but it was to me because it just felt so amazing to be connected with God through something as personal as my thoughts.

1 comment:

candice said...

the words are so hard to read with your super "fah-lee-look" background LOL It's so amazing how God works through the tiniest experiences in our lives :) and i'm glad that you figured out what to write!
see you tmr love!

i heart you. and happy mother's day even though you aren't my mother! haha