May 17, 2009

I Have Never Walked So Slow

WOLVERINE | I watched Wolverine with Candace - I love her - and I would love to blog about how embarrassing she is (let me give you an example: she walked around with a balloon parrot on her head in SilverCity. And then on her leg. Why. Why. WHY) and how much fun we had but, yes!, no, I won't.

WAITING |
I called Simon to check bus times for me, and he said the 40 comes at 6:24 but after waiting for a long time, I went home and checked and it actually comes at 7:02. So, I walked out of the house with 15 minutes to spare. I have never walked so slow. The path from my house to the bus stop takes 3-5 minutes at most, and I had 15 minutes. At first, I was hurrying (why are we forever going somewhere in a rush?) but then I slowed down and turned around and saw the Sun. The moment I pivoted the rays pierced through the clouds. And like the parting of waves and hair, the floating dream of evaporated breath ran off to reveal a marvelous light. It was magnificent. I have never walked. So. Slow. Every day, I go to school in a rush, missing everything, you know? Every day, I walk to class in a hurry; everyone does. Yesterday was just a good chance to slow down, breathe, and realize how beautiful the world was. I sing out loud a lot when I travel now. I want to learn to bake cookies and give them to people I meet on buses, if they aren't scared of cookies from strangers. But, oh!

WHY | do so many people miss the beauty in grey days?
So much good and bad has happened since Friday; I wanted to blog about it, but instead I just talked to friends and family and, hey, things are better and light.

2 comments:

rach said...

i'm glad everything is alright ( :

r.

ps. repac
^no. i will not repac. i havent even packed yet.

candice said...

glad that you had a great weekend!
sadly, i wont be at lunch tmr cause im going to get my G2 (hopefully) haha. and i do have something i wanted to talk to you about. but i guess i have to wait till wednesday! :( oh dear. lol

and your post also made me think of how i always rush to data...maybe just once i will try to go slower. just not slow enough to make me late HAHA

have a great day at school love!