June 09, 2009

Hard Tuesdays, Clear Mind

Working hard: studying for five hours everyday and enjoying it very much.

Playing hard: making the most of many moments spent with amazingly unique people; even walking home is a game. It seems to take longer and longer each day to walk because of the things we talk about/make fun of/laugh at/sing/make strange noises like (or not like, since it isn't anything I've ever heard before).

Exploring hard: so engrossed in the Universe and the sheer size and magnificence of it. Oh, these DK books. Have you seen those nebulae? How small I am. Doesn't it make you still to think that this is happening (or, technically, happened) while we are thinking about trivialities?

Disciplined: Exercise (jogging in the mornings, push ups and sit ups mixed in with weird yoga stuff every so often, a few times a day), an hour for God a day (a challenge from Crazy Love Sunday School this week). Balance: at least what I can do about it.

Exploring hard: so engrossed in the Bible and the sheer size and magnificence of it. Starting to understand the love for this book. I want to know God more. I want to love more. Be equipped. Be ready to speak. Be still.

Building hard: Family. Working hard at building my own part of the bridge. When I make Wor Teep with Crystal, we were just complimenting each other so much on the food and just saying how
good it was in general. When I made it for Josh, he didn't even say thank you. I see so much of myself in my brother, it makes me sad. Learning to tell my parents everything. Trusting them and having them pray for me. Having them keep me accountable. Must spend more time with Josh though.

Things have never been better. I can think, my eyes aren't muddled, my head not clogged. I can breathe, I can run, I can spell words wrong at the top of my voice, I can kick doors open and be a ninja leaving the school, I can be ugly and be loved, I can do things now, I can let go of pride of stupid things. I am missing some of my favourite people, I am spending more time with others, I am thirsty but I got a thermos now, even though it leaks like mad, I forgot my agenda but it's okay, I don't care, I care so much; I am myself and comfortable and learning and stumbling in the best way.

Clap your hands, all ye children.

No comments: