November 17, 2009

Fair (8)

I have a goal to trek through indie record label, Tooth and Nail's 40 currently signed artists by the end of next week. Came across this band, Fair, yesterday and I am quite, quite in love. It came out three years ago (6/6/06 - gasp!) and is still so sweet to the ear; it settles in unobtrusively, but nevertheless with a fresh breath of autumn air and a feeling of awake-ness. Aaron Sprinkle (lead vocals) I've heard about here and there, being the notable producer for some of my favourite bands, but I've never actually heard his own music. My favourites from this album are "Carelessness" (their single), "Attic" and "Unglued." Lyrics are meaningful and intelligent, vocals are clean and with perfect harmonies, and a good mix of soothing ambient and indie rock.

Please, if you have time and an ear or two free, click on the album art for streaming at purevolume.com/fair.

P.s. This reads kind of formally and like a very badly done review. Main point is, they are good. And I like them. You know when you like music and words just don't do it justice, only listening to it can? Yeah. Listen to it.

2 comments:

Chris Chung said...

interesting. i'm not used to this kind of music but very interesting. =)

Unknown said...

Carelessness was my favourite. Still have to listen to the rest of the album more attentively, but it sounds great passively listening to it.