January 01, 2010

"I Love Deadlines..."

"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by."
- Douglas Adams


Haha! I like this quote. That is not me, in fact I am straining to finish my ETS creative essay on "Why I read, How I read, and What I read" which is technically due Tuesday, but really can be handed in anytime before the semester ends... but for me it's due Tuesday... or Friday. We'll see.

Live fully today!
And don't forget nor neglect the sanctuary of your heart.
Love, Ev.

P.s. Let me tell you a story. So, I invited a few school friends to witness my baptism two years ago. One of them, D, is very caring and bought me a lovely 31-day devotional called "In Quietness and Confidence... a daily devotional for the making of a Godly Man." Thanks, D, thanks. He didn't realize this, of course, until I told him a few days later. And then, he didn't even offer a receipt. Actually, I was curious as to what it was about and used it this morning and learned quite a bit from it. Today was Psalm 131: the stillness of the soul. He reminded me that, when I invited God into the home of my heart, he had carved out a soundproof room that I may enter anytime and be with Christ. Something I needed.

1 comment:

Mandy said...

soooo...
i love deadlines...
or i've realized i can only get work done WITH deadlines so i appreciate them very very much... kekeke