December 06, 2008

liquid sugar

oh i don't hold my breath
and i don't hold my tongue
and i know that you know that i don't back down
to no one
to no one //
oh you should have stayed home
you should have known better
yet i melt in your mouth like liquid sugar
you thought you were gonna throw it back in my face
but tell me how do my leftovers taste? //

MUSIC
this song is the epitome of catchy music
and the worst lyrics, put together, ever.
how much does this go against everything i am striving to live out? how many times do lyrics throw our dirty selves back to our faces - where we sing and shout them and revel in them. it's quite disgusting, when in the right (or wrong) context. we are striving to become fully human, to live with humility and peace, quietness and rest, strength and solitude, but tell me how do my leftovers taste? i am grotesquely attracted to this song, like it is candy for the insane, for those who are prideful enough to not back down.
recently, the funniest/worst song has come out: IF YOU SEEK AMY (fu-k me), by britney spears. it is honestly, so terrible, but so hilarious: how come you have resorted your lovely self to sing elementary school taboos, spelling what you cannot say - sorry, could not - say, and laughing because you must be the bravest person in the world. breaking rules is an obsession for our chaos-ridden age, it is insane, it is ridiculous.
we like to think of ourselves as the generation that revolts, the generation of 'freedom'. we are, in a sense, but we have no idea what it took to give us this 'freedom', and thus we squander and pull, bickering over trivial things like... like... clothes.

CLOTHES
i don't know what i think about clothes. for a while there, i let clothes make me rather than just as a covering for my private (however lacking in my typical asian figure -  but i think it's good for me, if we all had the same body that would not be cool) parts. but now it's like, throw on whatever you like, who actually remembers what you wore? who cares? i am so silly :). but, if style matters, i am developing another style called: i think my clothes are cool enough that i can put anything together and it should generally look good. and i think it's true, i mean, t-shirt and jeans, what happened? i remember my mom used to pick out my clothes, and the reason i chose clothes was because i loved it and not because someone else did.
nice shirt! thanks. i made it. not.

TODAY
today, i have organized my life to do the following things: english journals, bfh project, anthro rev. of lit. pt2, kna basement decor, kna wtf night, and then chilling with cherie and dressing her up for vybe photoshoot. and then, of course, saturday night alive tonight @ RHCCC. however, i have already stepped outside the lines and blogged instead of doing english which means i will have less time for something else. it is fine, be spontaneous! i will get everything done i am sure.

whoever you are, good day to you! (good being subjective to meaning)
E

ps) nts: grandma.

2 comments:

rach said...

i like the song, but i honestly dont understand it. please give me a descriptive review of it so i can love it too. cos it sounds cool.

and clothes ? I AGREE. like, i'm wearing my dad's old ulgy brown grampaish sweater every day. its kinda freaky. but its so comfy. and YES. honestly, no one cares what you wear. its pretty true. and brands always fade.

and i do that all the time
with the lists of what i will do that day. i did it today.

today was my last day with driving instructor. and i was sad. cos i liked him ):

-r.

ps. maliess

^DEFINETLEY a type of disease caused by bacterias. still no cure for.

Evangel said...

yes i Agree 2morrow im gona dress like a loser