December 19, 2008

beauty is the wisps of snow



OUTSIDE
it so, so beautiful
the wisps of snow
blowing fast and ferociously through the wild
over the pond that is a jar of ice
across the field that is frozen
and it is like magic and it is science and it is God
it is the flying away of a thin layer of snow
across the ice water, creating crystals and wings

it was so fun! running through the snow
as idiotically as we could, i even fell
and feeling as if we were saving polar bears
and just being free in our zipped up coats
like eskimos, like a grade three child
who didn't WANT to zip up, but we did.

back home,
i shovelled snow for the walk
and even a bit for my neighbours,
but i was scared they would come out
and peer upon me with new strangeness
i wanted to be unknown, and it felt good.
it feels good to do good, to make good
to be good, and not be recognized.

INSIDE
when i got in, i went upstairs and realized
that my legs were entirely frozen
but my tingle toes and feet were hot
and touching my foot to my thigh crossed leg
when i was washing my feet in the sink (i like to do that a lot now)
it felt like i was connecting something incomprehensible
hot blooded toes and numbed thighs, two enemies or lovers;
i felt very beautiful.

LOVERS
today at civics, it felt very good to just
relax and sit and laugh and talk about nothing
and realizing this nothing talk was not to fill the silence
not just a conversation, but a comfort.

i said that i wanted a guy who could sing and play guitar
and evangel said that it was twilight brainwashing me,
but it isn't. what i meant was, i want a boy, a man
who appreciates the beauty of simplicity,
someone who would sing even if they suck a lot,
some smiling person who would grow with me,
some person who would let me try and understand,
some running through grass boy,
someone stroking my hair.
i don't know, these are all things that aren't really what i am looking for
but just something to add to the heart,
i know! but i can't voice it!
i don't really want to talk about guys right now,
though it's always a subject that's easy to get into.

BREAK
so this break, i don't want to stress myself about bfh
but i don't know how i can do it without stress
God, help me. this isn't about the marks, after all.
what can i do for you today?

2 comments:

rach said...

i think i love snow too.
just the fact that its cold and soft and reminds me of icing sugar that i used for cookies.

r.

Evangel said...

control your hormones child =)~