February 22, 2010

Fear/Love/Hurt

FEAR/PERFECT LOVE
I've been concentrating on myself a lot lately,
Focusing on fear... fear that I am doing something that is offending God,
Fear- so that I concentrate on how I walk talk think-

Perfect love drives out all fear.

Drop your fear Evelyn,
Trust God, lay it at the cross,
And live in love.
I haven't done something just because I loved God
in a long, long time.

We have been called friends, sons and daughters,
And we do our work no longer out of duty (and fear) but out of love.
I need to stop thinking about it and go do it-
If we are in love with someone, we don't dream about them all day,
We call them, go out and eat lunch with them, do things for them.

I have been avoiding devotions out of fear.
Now that, my friends, is stupidity. My fear is holding back my love,
So I ask for help to build up my love higher than my fear...
And I refuse to stand by and not do anything waiting for my heart to magically change;
Instead I will do the job and- miracles!- I will be changed as I overcome.

HURT
There is a lot of hurt around me and I have not noticed,
What is there to say? I wish I could paint comfort, or sing it...
It is good to have a daily time to forget about myself.

No comments: