January 27, 2009

i went on a date

i went on a date
with myself.

yesterday, i promised that i wouldn't turn on the computer
and i broke my own promise because i needed to find a bus route.

so,
i went to ymca by myself by viva.
i was having a bad time connecting to myself/God that morning,
so i just said, hey, i'll just go and calm myself down.
on the way there, i saw an asian lemonade juice box,
and i was going to walk by it, and then i was like HEY!
i will not stand for this! and i picked it up (cold, ouch!)
and walked through a gargantuan pile of snow to the garbage can,
and walked through a different gargantuan pile of snow back.
i looked like i peed on my pants while they were down,
but it's okay because they were my black jeans (yes, i wear them everyday).

after ymca, i used the same bus ticket
(wow, i didn't spend so long there... but it felt good nonetheless!)
to go and find some black duct tape for my bootsies.
it was very cold outside, and walking to home depot was hard.
but the parking lot was empty-
(except for a white van... ooh let me label it with the stereotype 'sketchy')
-and i wanted to dance!
but my ears were falling off so i did not,
next time i will.

i did not find my duct tape, but i found other things.
but they are a secret, for secret reasons and secretive purposes.

it was good to spend this time for myself,
because the next few days are going to be people-fied.
aloneness never felt so good.

anyways, i hope you get to be alone everyday!
it's great! but real aloneness, none of that nonsense loneliness.
love, Ev.

ps) my post was kind of 'boring' but i haven't really
blogged about my life in a long time, so i am learning again.

1 comment:

rach said...

this wasnt boring.
a nice story of time with yourself.
something i love doing.
because we are always so close to others and so social and butterfly-ish. and we forget who we are and we just become alone in a crowd.
and its these dates that make us connect with both God and ourselves again.