April 15, 2009

The Sky Is Blue Today!

Wow! Did you see that?
I looked up and the sky was blue!
It was such a pleasure walking home.

Yesterday, I was slightly put out walking home. I wanted to leave early, but a friend stopped me
in the name of being nice, saying 'don't go, don't go!' I ended up on the road home alone anyway, leaving the useless, bloating noise of the after-school conversation. I walked quickly and, irritated, I wished that my walk was shorter, my legs were longer, my steps swifter.

Today, I left without a goodbye. Walking quickly down the road, I looked forward; then left, right, left, no cars, and on my own way. I was suddenly reminded to look up. I did, and behold! It was blue! How magnificent, the sky is blue! I take it for granted, but it was cloudless and beautiful so I started singing. Seeing how the walk home was in the cool of shadows, I took a longer path through the park, and started skipping. I love twirling and I did it. There are so many words to describe unhappy things, misery, despair, anguish, bleakness, but only a few to describe good things. I don't know, it just felt good to take my time in the sun walking home. I even said hello to the people blowing leaves from my backyard.

-

Reading (done): Screwtape Letters.

3 comments:

c'est ton amie, erika. :) said...

I think your post is rather beautiful.
KINDA LIKE YOU.
kay, loves, erika. ♥

rach said...

we just know very little happy synonyms. so here are a few to use in your vocabulary.

my trusty thesaurus gives:
content, cheerful, cheery, merry, joyful, jovial, jolly, delighted, gleeful, jocular

and my favorite.
buoyant.

buoyant day to you dear friend, for tis a shiny blue sky up above my head.
r.

ps. honos.
^honos you are wrong mr.misery, its a buoyant day.

candice said...

eveelineee : )
that post just made me very happy!

but yes, i did notice the beautiful-ness of the sky today when i was walking home !
<3 youuu ~