September 13, 2008

senses

i don't even know what to write
(i'm sick (physically) and frustrated (mentally))

i've written so many things and backspaced them all
what happened?

sight
what a waste of time i was today!
i watched youtube videos for an hour
how useless! i could be outside sitting
doing my becomingfullyhuman homework
playing piano. i wonder if i'll backspace this paragraph too
later - after this (i am picking myself up, don't nag)

hearing
the hush sound - sweet tangerine
sweet tangerine would you please come back to me

i love music, i really do.
but sometimes it hinders me from being with myself
i find myself with a tune in my head, so many moments
i have a constant swing, a pulse, a beat
and i realize i can't be with myself
until i've cleared my head, opened my mind
asked for heart-cleaning, calmed my worries
a hypocrite in many ways, my heart is a black glove
worn by dirt-speckled hands, like freckles
they decorate my evilest of cores
when God takes over, how can Satan come?
it's a wonder; i am blind, i am deaf!

touch
touch is a wonder
who knew one finger
could seduce your senses
into a single throb
throb, throb

smell
when you are sick, you can't smell

taste
nor can you taste. and you wonder what
you were doing, rejecting the peas
on the half plate
when you
were
ok

wonder
ours is a thieving culture
this postmodernism,
(what are we, the bleakest future?)
this stagnant wind
(not a wind at all, then, i suppose, just oxygen)
burglering the 60s, the 70s, the 80s
even the polyester 90s
barely standing up; we sing of it:
revolution
HA!

x

i merely write of things
thinking of ways to change

3 comments:

Evangel said...

i agree theres too much noise
in fact have been inspired

Anonymous said...

you're crazy-good at making me feel very stupid.
i need dumber friends. LOL jokes. i love you.
i think if you write a book, you'll be famous. and maybe get a Nobel Prize (for english). i wish i could write as deep as you. as well as you.

btw. "ive just seen a face" is such a good song. its in our TS song selection. you must come.

rach said...

worn by dirt-speckled hands, like freckles

i quote you.

i have freckles.
they are not like dirth speckled.
they are like ... shining ... diamonds. gah what the heck.
nevermind.

lv. rach.